Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2008/01/02 00:07:26 UTC

Re: [VOTE] publish Tika 0.1-incubating

+1 to release.

I verified the signature and ran RAT on the artifacts. No issues.

A few notes:

0. Good work for your first release at Apache. Congratulations to the
team.

1. This message doesn't contain a direct link to the release being
voted on. It would be good to include the link http://
people.apache.org/~mattmann/apache-tika-0.1-incubating/rc2 (assuming
that this is in fact the directory containing the release you want
approval for). And I assume that the maven artifacts are to be
uploaded to the central repositories.

2. The release manager should endeavor to get his key signed. This is
not a blocker for an incubator release but once in the wild, the key
should become part of Apache's web of trust.

3. No problem with the incubator/tika location for the *approved*
release artifacts.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [VOTE] publish Tika 0.1-incubating

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Looks like thats the case - I got a permission denied, so I'll ping infra@

> I've just updated whoweare.html there - the automatic copy to the live
> site runs every few hours IIRC, so there's a lag in going live.

Thanks :)

Niall

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 7, 2008 4:04 PM, Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Hi Niall,
>
> Sorry: I checked:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html
>
> And it didn't have your name listed on the PMC. However, upon clicking that
> other link on that page, I found your name on the file:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/committee-info.txt
>
> Under the Incubator PMC. Sorry for that omission. However, it may be a good
> idea to get that first web page updated seeing as though it looks a bit
> outdated. I'm guessing I'm not the only one that's made that mistake! :)

OK thanks - I've refreshed that page in svn from committee-info.txt

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Niall,

Sorry: I checked: