Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Vikram Singh Rana <vi...@hclhpstp.stpn.soft.net> on 2001/05/03 11:12:27 UTC

Problem runnning examples of Soap2.1 with Weblogic 5.1

Hi,

I'm using apache soap2.1 with weblogoc 5.1

I have set the xerces.jar & soap.jar in WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH in
weblogic.properties file & also added soap.jar,
xerces.jar & soap path in JAVA_CLASSPATH to get access to class
samples.addressbook.

Now when i'm deploy the addressbook service through command line

>java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://127.0.0.1:7001/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml

The service return's error as given below:

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClien
t.java:127)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java
:140)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java,
Compiled Code)

While in the Weblogic Server console it initiates the rpcrouter jsp.

Thu May 03 14:30:25 GMT+05:30 2001:<I> <ServletContext-General>
soap/servlet/rpcrouter: init

Please help ..........

Re: Problem runnning examples of Soap2.1 with Weblogic 5.1

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
If you use the 2.1 release of Apache SOAP, you must use Xerces 1.3.0 or earlier.  With the nightly build of Apache SOAP, you can also use Xerces 1.3.1 and higher.

Scott