Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Jesse Alexander (KBSA 21)" <al...@credit-suisse.com> on 2005/06/01 01:22:27 UTC

RE: new components

  -----Original Message-----
  We really appreciate your effort, Jesse ;-)
Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Sean Schofield wrote:
> FYI we are making progress on the myfaces sandbox.  If you have
> something to contribute and you don't want to refactor package names,
> etc. just hold off for no more than 2-3 weeks when the entire svn
> reorg is done.
>
> Feel free to use SF if that is your preference.  Just letting you know
> that a MyFaces home for these types of components is coming soon.
>
> sean

Thanks for the note, I guess I will use SF until the sandbox is ready,
that gives me a little bit of feedback on the areas which I can improve
regarding the hooks into myfaces and generally will get me a grip
on the whole build process in this project without dumping everything
at me at once.

Thanks for opening a sandbox, I am sure this will add a lot of momentum
to the project.
Generally thanks for all the work you guys already have put in, I stepped
a few times into the framework, and the amount of work which already
went in there is huge if you just count the number of classes.

Re: new components

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: new components

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.

Re: new components

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Hi, I wanted to give you a short notice, that I dumped the
first two components into the sourceforge project.
Self coloring input components, one with and the other without client
side non blocking validation.
Perfect for the average input form.

I created a basic structure for future things to come.
You can find the component pack in the jar file located in the bin
dir and an example under src/web
dump both files into a myfaces project and you are set.
The sources can be found under the net.sf hierarchy of the source folder.

I have no build files yet due to time constraints, and I dont have put a
fully working webapp on the sourceforge site, because I dont wanna run
into any licensing issues.

But besides that have much fun with toying around with it,
more things (and more complicated controls) will follow the following
days and weeks.
(feel free to alter the structure of things and the dir structure)
Bear in mind, that I am rather new to myfaces and have a limited
knowledge of the internals of myfaces currently, so there are definitely
things which can be done by a few simple hooks into myfaces, which I
probably did to complicated, so constructive criticism is welcome.

The sources will be moved into the myfaces sandbox as soon as it is open.

Werner