Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Yuji Yamano <yy...@kt.rim.or.jp> on 2003/01/29 14:20:22 UTC

ant manual bug

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/copy.html says:

> Windows Note: If you copy a file to a directory where that file
> already exists, but with different casing, the copied file takes on
> the case of the original. The workaround is to delete the file in
> the destination directory before you copy it.

But I think the note is incorrect because Copy task deletes the
existing file before copy it. Please see Copy.doFileOperations() and
FileUtil.copyFile().  I guess it's old behavior, maybe in ant 1.3 days
(I just glanced the source via cvsweb, didn't run old ant).

I'm not on the list, so please cc'ed to me if you reply this.

--
Yuji Yamano <yy...@kt.rim.or.jp>
    Exterminate the sage, discard the wise,