Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/01/20 01:45:24 UTC

Reading mails carefully (was Re: Dispatcher gives stack overflow)

Hi all, hi Ross,

to recall the context:

El jue, 19-01-2006 a las 18:38 +0100, Thorsten Scherler escribió:
> Bottom line, to point this out all the time does not fix it, you can
> either wait for the final dispatcher release or fix it yourself.
>
> Sorry, ATM I am busy to bring up lenya zones and have a basic
> infrastructure to work on the doco pub (lenya publication - forrest
> rendering). As soon as I have lenya zones working like I want it, I
> will
> focus my time again to release the dispatcher (Cyriaque brought us
> closer to this point on forrest Friday, thanks again).
>
> Till then 783 is for me a wont-fix since it will be fixed in the final
> release with the rewrite of v2.
>
> P.S.: you know me, but again I want to point out no offense intended
> at
> any time. ;-)

I say
a) to bring the issue up often, does not fix it (as a matter of fact)
b) that it will be fixed in the final release (as compromise)
c) I would not be available to help because I am busy (as explanation)
d) state when the issue will be solved (after finishing setting up
lenya.zones - the explanation why I am busy ATM)
e) point again to the well known jira issue FOR-783 (as well mail
archive recorded, where you can find further mails related to this
issue)

...and last but not least explicit state "no offense intended at
> any time. ;-)"

Ross gives the following reply:

El jue, 19-01-2006 a las 19:40 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >>I'll have another look at it when I have a refreshed head in the
> >>morning. But I want to flag this up as another really good example why
> >>we need remove this indirection as Tim suggested (see
> >>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-783 )
>
> <snip/>
>
> > Bottom line, to point this out all the time does not fix it, you can
> > either wait for the final dispatcher release or fix it yourself.
>
> Please, lets not go down this particular route again. Nobody has asked
> you to fix anything. Please do not take things personally.
>
> My mail clearly states I will look at it again when I have time and a
> clear head (see quoted text above). In the meantime I believe it is
> helpful to us all if this kind of problem is documented in our mail
> archives so that we can all learn from it.

Now I am a bit confused.

Who is taking things personally?

Please read mails carefully (I as well fail on this far too often).

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"