Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Josh Suereth <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/23 13:48:20 UTC

Maven 2.1.0 + SHITTY plugin => Whose issue, Mine, Yours, Theirs?

All,

I just upgraded to Maven 2.1.0 and I"m getting the following error in the
integration test logs when running my "Super Helpful Integration Testing
ThingY" (SHITTY) integration tests -

OUT: org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Internal error
in the plugin manager getting plugin 'org.scala-tools:maven-scala-plugin':
Plugin 'org.scala-tools:maven-scala-plugin:testing' has an invalid
descriptor:
OUT: 1) Plugin's descriptor contains the wrong version: 2.10.1
OUT:    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1521)

I'm guessing maven 2.1.0 is performing some new check that the shitty plugin
hasn't been updated for?   As a temporary work-around I can just develop in
maven 2.0.10 for now, however I was wondering if

1) This is actually an issue with the shitty plugin, or I've failed to
configure things correctly
2) I should be using some other form of integration testing for maven 2.1.0
3) if anyone else has seen this issue?

Thanks for the help!  Maven 2.1.0 is working great for all my other projects
that use the maven-scala-plugin, just not the plugin itself.  Great work
Maven Team!!!!

-Josh

RE: Maven 2.1.0 + SHITTY plugin => Whose issue, Mine, Yours, Theirs?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Already been filed: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHITTY-10

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.