Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2003/05/12 19:08:03 UTC

Re: HttpClient needs commons-logging on Solaris with iPlanet 4.1,

I think that somehow on Windows you are having two different
Classloaders load the Log interface and the Jdk14Logger class.  I think
adding it to the WAR in WEB-INF/lib is the "right" solution, but since
Tomcat already knows about the commons-logging classes you may still
have problems.  Cocoon had to tell users to copy several JARs into
tomcat's endorsed directory to get past a similar problem iirc.

Hope this helps,

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks