Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Hervé Guidetti <He...@linkvest.com> on 2003/01/14 10:18:22 UTC

Hashtable : how to map it

Hi,
I'm a newbee with Axis and SOAP.

I have to transmit a hashtable between applications using SOAP.

How can I do that ?
Do I have to create a complex type KeyValue and then create a transform my hashtable into a Collection of KeyValue ?

Do I have to implement my own serializer/deserializer ?

Any other idea ?

Thanks and regards,

Hervé

Re: Hashtable : how to map it

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Peter Norrhall <pe...@yahoo.se>.
Hello,

I have been following this newsgroup for a couple of weeks now. And this
type of question always comes up. The best thing always seems to be to
create an array as output. In that way you rather safe regarding
interoperability. Anyone that has another opinion?

Isn't it so that if one would like to have interoperability the best way
to go is to use Document style calls instead RPC? Is that why .Net use
Document as default? Someone said that Document style is the default
regarding to SOAP 1.2, but I can't find that statement within the spec.

I have one thing that concerns about Document style binding and that is
encoding.  From what I understand there is no way to change the UTF-8
encoding for a SOAP request. In one case we solved, using RPC style
binding, returning a String that was a complete XML-document with a
different encoding. Other ways?

I might have missed something very basic, so please help in that case.

Hervé Guidetti wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm a newbee with Axis and SOAP.
>
>I have to transmit a hashtable between applications using SOAP.
>
>How can I do that ?
>Do I have to create a complex type KeyValue and then create a transform my hashtable into a Collection of KeyValue ?
>
>Do I have to implement my own serializer/deserializer ?
>
>Any other idea ?
>

>Thanks and regards,
>
>Hervé

Gratis e-mail resten av livet på www.yahoo.se/mail