Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Abhijeet Pathak <Ab...@kpitcummins.com> on 2012/12/28 07:36:38 UTC

Source and Sink on different machine

Hi,

It was possible to have source and sinks on different machines using Flume 0.9x.

Is it possible to have source and sinks on different machines in Flume-NG (1.3.0)?

I want to use tail source on one machine and hbase sink on another machine.
How should I go about it?

Thanks,
Abhijeet

Re: Source and Sink on different machine

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
yes thats doable

what you are trying to do is agnet1 ->agenet2|agent3 -> hbase

second portion of  the flume part you can have it on same host where you
have logs being generated.
you can look at flume failover configuration at
http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#flume-sink-processors

also your question on stackoverflow is answered by Dmitry in Detail

Posted by Juhani Connolly <ju...@cyberagent.co.jp>.
You connect up the various machines using avro sink/source.

You set up 2 & 3 with avro source, a channel and hdfs sink.

Then you set up machine one with whatever source, channel and two avro
sinks, and a sink
processor(http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#flume-sink-processors)
of your personal preference. If you use failover when the main sink
fails, events will go through the backup instead.

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Abhijeet Pathak <Ab...@kpitcummins.com>> wrote:
Hi,

It was possible to have source and sinks on different machines using Flume 0.9x.

Is it possible to have source and sinks on different machines in Flume-NG (1.3.0)?

I want to use tail source on one machine and hbase sink on another machine.
How should I go about it?

Thanks,
Abhijeet

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Source and Sink on different machine

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.