Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/03 16:01:20 UTC

Consolidating ivy.xml, was: [VOTE] Publish cassandra-0.7.0-rc4 to maven central repository.

Voted and moved this discussion to a different thread.

My goal (other devs please chime in because I'm interested) would be
to still rely on ant for building and generating a pom, without the
requirement to explicitly install maven.  If we could get rid of
ivy.xml by having the relevant details in build.xml that would be
excellent!

Getting rid of lib is another discussion.  We've been down that path
already and it sounds like you're aware of the licensing concerns.

Gary.

Re: Consolidating ivy.xml, was: [VOTE] Publish cassandra-0.7.0-rc4 to maven central repository.

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Voted and moved this discussion to a different thread.
>
> My goal (other devs please chime in because I'm interested) would be
> to still rely on ant for building and generating a pom, without the
> requirement to explicitly install maven.  If we could get rid of
> ivy.xml by having the relevant details in build.xml that would be
> excellent!

This would be my goal too.

-Brandon

Re: Consolidating ivy.xml, was: [VOTE] Publish cassandra-0.7.0-rc4 to maven central repository.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
maven-ant-tasks would allow what you want, no install of maven (unless
publishing to central, in which case the install is hidden in ~/m2) and all
dependency info in the build.xml

I'll work on a patch to show how that would look like (on trunk, leave 0.7.0
as it is, less risk)

- Stephen

---
screen