Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Gries, Matthias" <m....@t-online.net> on 2004/07/12 09:36:31 UTC

Axis client with https

Hi all,

allthaugh I've found some threads regarding my topic in the mailing list
this still seems to be a little bit unclear for me.

I've generated my client stubs via WSDL2JAVA. Using http my axis client
using these stubs works fine. But what do I have to consider if I'd have
to use https? Do I have to generate the stubs again, now with a new wsdl
which points to a https-endpoint-url? Or do I have to modify my client
code with statements like these:

      System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
"com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
      System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", certificate);
      Security.addProvider(new Provider());

By the way, I'm using JDK 1.3.

My client code (without specific https parts and just a short
extraction) until now looks like:

    try
    {
      Booking     service = new BookingLocator();
      BookingPort port;

      if ((endpoint != null) && !endpoint.trim().equalsIgnoreCase(""))
      {
        URL newEndpoint = new URL(endpoint);
        port = service.getBookingPort(newEndpoint);
      }
      else
      {
        port = service.getBookingPort();
      }

      // here we're doing the webservice call
      result   = port.book(myParam1, myParam2,...);
    }

Thanks and regards
Matthias