Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by fl...@4sengines.com on 2009/06/15 18:53:26 UTC

Do math from XML

Hi all,

I ask you about you big knowledge about lenya/cocoon and other worlds ! :)

Do you know a transformer (or something that simply plug-in in Lenya) that
allows to do math from an xml.

I see on the web MathML and openMath as xml norms for maths, but as I see
there are only for displaying formulas... I don't see tools for doing
calculation from this xml file.

Maybe I don't well open my eyes...

Have a good day

Re: Do math from XML

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
florent.andre-dev@4sengines.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I ask you about you big knowledge about lenya/cocoon and other worlds ! :)
>
> Do you know a transformer (or something that simply plug-in in Lenya) that
> allows to do math from an xml.
>
> I see on the web MathML and openMath as xml norms for maths, but as I see
> there are only for displaying formulas... I don't see tools for doing
> calculation from this xml file.
>
> Maybe I don't well open my eyes...
>
> Have a good day

I'm not aware of anything. I thought the purpose of MathML was to be
able to transmit more complicated formulas and potentially display them.
You could easily create XSLT for the simple math that is stored in
MathML. However, the calculus based formulas and such would be quite
difficult. Being Turing complete, it would be interesting to see a
calculus engine in XSLT.