Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2022/05/28 08:17:46 UTC

Disabled tests

Matt, it seems you have disabled a bunch of tests. I’ve been working on one that I recently committed but for the life of me cannot figure out why it is failing on Windows.

What I don’t understand is why several of the Jira issues seemingly have 100 commits on various branches and flooded my inbox with email.

I am also not comfortable performing a release with tests that seemingly used to work now failing. Disabling the tests is not the answer.

So although I had intended to start work on the 2.18.0 release this weekend it seems I now have to figure out what tests you disabled and figure out how to fix them. I would have preferred that you would have discussed this before doing that.

Ralph

Re: Disabled tests

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
It also just failed for me on my Mac. It got the same error on line 73.

Ralph

Re: Disabled tests

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: Disabled tests