Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Edmund Wong <ed...@kdtc.net> on 2009/04/04 12:39:53 UTC

making conflicts

Hi,

  Possibly a dumb question; but, can someone point out how
I might be able to generate a huge list of conflicts, especially
from the subversion source?    I'm testing out my changes that
might take care of issue #3342.

Thanks

Edmund

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1542389

Re: making conflicts

Posted by Edmund Wong <ed...@kdtc.net>.
Greg Hudson wrote:

> Pick some value of N suitably removed from the current revision and try,
> in a throwaway checkout:
>
> svn diff -r BASE:N . | sed -e 's/^\(+.*)$/\1 /' | patch -p0
> svn up -r N
>
> The idea is to modify your sources to have all of the changes you'd get
> from updating to revision N, but with a space at the end of the lines,
> so that every change conflicts.

That is nice.  THanks Greg!

Edmund

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1557160