Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ikromchik <ic...@sarkor.com> on 2007/06/19 15:22:08 UTC

axis application scope

hey all!
i've been using axis for just a week :) and hope to get some help here!
if i set my service scope to application, will i be able to have a variable
in my application, and use it each time one calls the service (use it in my
impl class)?

The thing is, i want to have an array, holding some connection pools for a
database, and the amount of the connections is limited. And each time an
implementation class is called, i want to get one of those connectionPools,
use it, and release as soon as the implementation is done. So if there are
no connections left, the rest of the requests will be waiting for one to be
released =)
oh and, where can i place this array? ..considering that i'll have to fill
it with connections at the application start. Will the "skeleton" class be a
good place for it??

thanks in advance!! appreciate!