Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Marco Sacchetto <ma...@pradac.it> on 2014/09/19 10:34:57 UTC

jmx queues attributes not as expected

Hi, we're running on a test server ActiveMQ 5.9.1.

The server is working as expected when producers and consumers are
connected; messages are correctly published. We now needed to monitor
the queues and the queued messages, prossibly reading the contents of
some of those. For this, I configured the server to enable the jmx
interface.

This is where things started looking weird. In brief, through jconsole I
can see on the broker's attributes that messages are enqueued, and
eventually dequeued when a consumer is connected.
BUT, the 2 queues (the one created by ActiveMQ, and the ActiveMQ.DLQ
queue) remain empty -and yeah, even after refreshing the jconsole view-.
Attributes like queue size, cursor index, all counts continuosly remain
zero. Even if I got no consumers connected, no messages seem to be
inside those queues.

My question is, what am I missing here? Why am I not getting any
information from the queue? How are messages handled then, since they
don't seem to pass inside any queue, but our test applications still work?