Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Novotny <no...@aei.mpg.de> on 2005/12/19 21:18:03 UTC

TC 5.5.12 WARNING: A docBase XXX inside the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored

Hi,

    Using Tomcat 5.5.12 and my servlet context fragment:

<Context path="/portal" docBase="gridsphere" debug="0"
reloadable="false" crossContext="true">
prefix="localhost_gridsphere_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
</Context>

    doesn't seem to work-- I get this message in my logfile:

WARNING: A docBase
/Users/novotny/Jakarta/tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/gridsphere ins
ide the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored

Navigating to localhost:8080/portal gives me a 403

    This worked before, I'm wondering if this is a known bug or if there
is now a new way to configure the web app?

    Thanks, Jason