Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/02 15:27:27 UTC

Re: Alternative for DIH

Depending on how complicated you need this to be, you can just write
your own in SolrJ, see:

https://lucidworks.com/2012/02/14/indexing-with-solrj/

You haven't said a lot about the characteristics of your situation.
Are you talking 1B rows
from the DB? 1M? what is the pain point? Because until one gets to
massive amounts of
data, 9 times out of 10 poor indexing performance is a result of the
DB query being
used executing very slowly.

Before jumping to a solution, it'd be good to know
1> why you're dissatisfied with DIH, i.e. what is the problem you're seeing
2> some information about your situation, size of DB, how fast DIH
works now etc.

This latter is important, 'cause it's a totally different question if,
say, your problem
statement is
"it takes 8 hours to import 1,000,000,000 rows and the docs are 1M long"
.vs.
"it takes 8 hours to import 100,000 rows that are 1K each".

Until there are answers to questions like that it's not clear at all you even
_have_ a problem that's solvable by any of the suggestions so far.

Best,
Erick