Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov> on 2005/11/11 19:35:57 UTC

basic question: how to run a java program from M2?

Hello All,

sorry for the simple question, but what is the recommended way to
execute a compiled program from Maven2?  I can compile my project,
generate a jar, run tests, etc., but would like to use maven in
executing the program itself.

Thanks!

-- john

Re: basic question: how to run a java program from M2?

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi,

Another way is to use the exec-maven-plugin, although it is still in the
sandbox but you can use it.
You can check it out here
https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/exec-maven-plugin

regards,
-allan

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
One way is to use a simple <exec> ant task. Looks at the following :
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-ant.html

On 11/11/05, John Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> sorry for the simple question, but what is the recommended way to
> execute a compiled program from Maven2? I can compile my project,
> generate a jar, run tests, etc., but would like to use maven in
> executing the program itself.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- john

Alexandre Poitras