Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Santerre <cs...@MerchantsOverseas.com> on 2004/07/23 16:17:20 UTC

RE: [RDJ] Curl support in Rules du Jour version 1.17-pre1 (as an alternative to wget)

This is damn cool. Part of me wonders if this could become part of SA
officially. Could be a backend to even update SA code? Just a thought.

--Chris (The other Chris)

RE: [RDJ] Curl support in Rules du Jour version 1.17-pre1 (as an alternative to wget)

Posted by Chris Thielen <cm...@someone.dhs.org>.
On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 11:59 -0600, Jorge Valdes wrote:

> Chirs (Thielen),
>
> I was just looking at the script and have the following comments:
>
> + I had an older version of curl installed on my system (and the compress
> option was not available, therefore, this failed. I upgraded to the latest
> release and things worked as expected.

Noted, thanks.  There's a chance that I can detect the curl revision and
automatically enable --compressed on the fly.

> + When displaying errors in debug mode, there were references to
> ${TMPDIR}/wget.log even though the script tried to use curl, I modified it
> to display ${HTTP_ERROR} instead which is what the functions set to display
> the error.

Thanks!

--
Chris Thielen

Easily generate SpamAssassin rules to catch obfuscated spam phrases
(0BFU$C/\TED SPA/\/\ P|-|RA$ES): http://www.sandgnat.com/cmos/

Keep up to date with the latest third party SpamAssassin Rulesets:
http://www.exit0.us/index.php/RulesDuJour

RE: [RDJ] Curl support in Rules du Jour version 1.17-pre1 (as an alternative to wget)

Posted by Jorge Valdes <jv...@intercom.com.sv>.
At 08:17 AM 23/07/2004, Chris Santerre wrote:

> [...]

IT Manager
Intercom El Salvador
jvaldes@intercom.com.sv