Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Danny Cranmer <da...@apache.org> on 2022/08/11 10:39:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.15.2

Hello all,

I would like to start discussing the release of Flink 1.15.2. Flink 1.15.1
was released on 6th July [1] and we have resolved 31 issues since then [2].
During the Flink 1.15.1 vote [3] we identified one blocker [4] and one
critical issue [5] that should be fixed soon after. We also have 3 other
non-test related critical fixes merged into 1.15.2.

There is 1 blocker in 1.15.2 not yet resolved that we could consider
waiting for, "Cannot resume from savepoint when using fromChangelogStream
in upsert mode" [6]. There have been discussions on this issue and it looks
like Timo will be working on it, however there is no PR available yet.

I'd like to advocate this release and in doing so nominate myself to be the
release manager. I'm conscious that I have not performed this duty before,
so alternatively am happy to shadow this process if I can find a willing
volunteer to cover it on this occasion.

[1] https://flink.apache.org/news/2022/07/06/release-1.15.1.html
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-28322?jql=project%20%3D%20FLINK%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.15.2%20AND%20status%20in%20(resolved%2C%20closed)%20order%20by%20priority%20desc
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread/t27qc36g141kzk8d83jytkdshfpdj0xl

Danny Cranmer

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.15.2

Posted by Konstantin Knauf <kn...@apache.org>.
Hi Guillaume,

as long as those vulnerabilities have not been introduced since Flink
1.15.1, which they haven't, we can proceed with should not block the
release.

Best,

Konstantin

--