Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Cameron <th...@camerontech.com> on 2002/12/04 00:29:10 UTC

Tomcat binding to port 80 on wrong IP address on W2K Advanced Server?

Howdy all -

I have a client who has an app which requires IIS (running on a W2K
Advanced Server).

Now, they want to add Tomcat for a Java web app which they have
developed in-house.  No big deal, I assign another IP address to the NIC
and tell Tomcat to use that IP address.

Unfortunately, now IIS fails to start saying the it can't bind - port in
use.  The stupid thing is that netstat -a does NOT show that anything is
listening on port 80 on the IP address that IIS is supposed to be
using.  Only on the IP address that Tomcat is supposed to use.  If I
stop Tomcat, IIS starts fine.  If I start IIS and then start Tomcat,
Tomcat says it started OK, but I can't open the web site that Tomcat is
serving.

I have double-checked that IIS is only supposed to bind to the IP
address I want it to.  I configured Tomcat thusly:

  address="10.0.0.2" port="80" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
  enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="10" debug="0"
  connectionTimeout="60000"/>

Anyone seen this?  Any pointers/advice/comments?

Thanks
Thomas