Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Weian Deng <WD...@walmartlabs.com> on 2016/11/18 19:58:09 UTC

Where can we find a compatibility matrix for the different version of kafka producers vs the different version of kafka brokers?

More specifically, Is Kafka Java client 0.9.0.1 compatible with Kafka broker 0.8.2.1?

Re: Where can we find a compatibility matrix for the different version of kafka producers vs the different version of kafka brokers?

Posted by Samuel Taylor <st...@square-root.com>.
For future reference, new releases typically have an "upgrade" section that
talks about compatibility.

e.g. http://kafka.apache.org/0101/documentation.html#upgrade

Posted by Zakee <kz...@netzero.net>.