Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alex King <lo...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/16 10:48:44 UTC

Can two Solr share index?

Hi all,
We use Solr to build a search service for our customers. We have got one
core on one physical machine. When our site will be ready and running it
could potentially be very busy with serving search results to users. But I
want to perform indexing of new documents without affecting Solr search
performance. (there can be huge amount of documents at one time)
We figured out that we can have one Solr only for search and another (or
more in the future) Solr to do the indexing. Those Solrs should eventually
have the same index (it isn't neccessery to synchronize those indexes every
time new document was added, but I want the search Solr to get new
documents, lets say ones in a week).
So my question is: it a good idea, at all? ;) And how can I accomplish
this? Can Solrs share index? Or should I copy the index from indexing
machine to search machine (how to do it technically? is there some special
tool for this purpose?)
Regards,
Alex

Re: Can two Solr share index?