Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/01/07 00:55:17 UTC

transferring Github issues to JIRA?

Hello,
Anyone out there know of an automated way of transferring over Github
issues to JIRA? We're in the process of transferring over our existing
Phoenix Github-based open source project to our Apache incubator project
and automating the seeding of the initial JIRAs would be very helpful.
Thanks,
James

Re: transferring Github issues to JIRA?

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey James
Thanks for making a ticket for it. Times can vary depending on what comes
up, we are working through the backlog and someone should get to it shortly

-Jake

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks Jake.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> wrote:

> The github plugin is not installed in our jira, I would recommend that you
> go with the csv route as Steve mentioned
>
> -Jake
>

> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry Andy, I don’t know if Infrastructure can/will assist with using
> that
> > plugin, but it can’t hurt to ask, and making an INFRA ticket should work
> > for that.
> >
> > I searched INFRA issues for github issue migration and found none that
> > involved the Atlassian plugin - they all used github CSV export when was
> > then imported to JIRA by Infrastructure (AFAICT):

> > I see you already have the PHOENIX project set up in JIRA (
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX), so that should simplify
> > the import task whichever way you end up going.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Steve
> >
> > On Jan 7, 2014, at 3:20 PM, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > So that means we need an INFRA ticket to plug that in and run an
> import?

> https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-github-plugin

> existing
> > project