Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Stefan Kurla <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/08 19:08:12 UTC

Spring jcr modules

I use spring and jackrabbit within my web application. I read
somewhere that I can use spring modules to start my repository as a
bean.

I wanted to ask the users of this list to see whether they use spring
modules jcr in their projects and how do they use spring modules jcr.
I see that spring modules provides transactions and a
repositoryFactoryBean.

Are there any examples/tutorials/blog entries that you know of using
spring-jcr anywhere.

Thanks.

Stefan

Re: Spring jcr modules

Posted by Christoph Kiehl <ch...@sulu3000.de>.
Stefan Kurla wrote:

 > I wanted to ask the users of this list to see whether they use spring
 > modules jcr in their projects and how do they use spring modules jcr.
 > I see that spring modules provides transactions and a
 > repositoryFactoryBean.
 >
 > Are there any examples/tutorials/blog entries that you know of using
 > spring-jcr anywhere.

There is a pretty good documentation with examples at
https://springmodules.dev.java.net/docs/reference/0.7/html/jcr.html

We are using the jcr spring module with transactions, and everything works as
expected. The transaction configuration and handling is pretty much the same as
for hibernate etc.
(http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/transaction.html). If you are
interested in unit/integration tests you might want to have a look at
org.springframework.test.AbstractTransactionalSpringContextTests.

Cheers,
Christoph

Re: Spring jcr modules

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
On 3/8/07, Stefan Kurla <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use spring and jackrabbit within my web application. I read
> somewhere that I can use spring modules to start my repository as a
> bean.
>
> I wanted to ask the users of this list to see whether they use spring
> modules jcr in their projects and how do they use spring modules jcr.
> I see that spring modules provides transactions and a
> repositoryFactoryBean.
>
> Are there any examples/tutorials/blog entries that you know of using
> spring-jcr anywhere.

I am using springmodules JCR part for InfoQ.com and I am pretty happy
with it. In fact it helped us a lot in the beginning when dev people
were not acustomed to using JCR. And the project documentation is
pretty good.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.