Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by dobropalka <do...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/16 11:56:43 UTC

Failed to destroy vm with specified vmId

Hello, Guys!

I recently got into a problem. We have CS 4.2.1 on Xenserver hosts.

We now have a need to create and delete lots of short-living VMs, for
Jenkins tests.

The problem is, when we try to destroy  VM, sometimes instance is stopped,
but can't be deleted with error

Failed to destroy vm with specified vmId

The destroying process goes through API, though I clearly remember I once
got the save error when was trying to delete through UI.

Looking at logs, I found that for some reason, after stopping, CS can't read
a host id for instance thinking it's null and throwing an exception.

However, if I then try to destroy the same instance via UI\cloudmonkey\API
everything goes well

What can be the reason of this?

Logs on pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/VT42ssk7