Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Aakash Nand <aa...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/13 02:51:33 UTC

Access policies for specific schema, table are not working for trino (former prestosql)

Dear Ranger Community,

*Background:*
Thank you for developing the presto-ranger plugin. I have recently deployed
the trino version 352 and apache ranger presto plugin version 2.1.0. After
prestosql changed their name to trino, I have changed package names from
io.prestosql to io.trino and rebuilt the plugin, It is working fine with
trino as well.

*Question:*
When I create a new access policy at a specific schema level or table level
it gives me an " Access Denied: Cannot access catalog **** " error. The
expected output is that when I create a policy for the sf100 schema under
tpch it should allow me to get tables from the sf100 schema.

*Working access policy:*
policy-name: specific-catalog-test
catalog: tpch
schema: *
table: *
column: *

*Not working access policy:*
policy-name: specific-schema-test
catalog: tpch
schema: sf100
table: *
column: *

Error log displayed after enabling specific-schema-test

===
trino> show catalogs;
 Catalog
---------
(0 rows)
Query 20210312_064343_00017_ut2gd, FINISHED, 1 node
Splits: 1 total, 1 done (100.00%)
0.29 [0 rows, 0B] [0 rows/s, 0B/s]
trino> show schemas from tpch;
Query 20210312_064352_00018_ut2gd failed: Access Denied: Cannot access
catalog tpch
trino>
===
Could you please help me in making ranger access policies work for specific
schema level and table level?
I have attached the screenshots working policy and not working policy for
reference.

Best Regards,
Aakash Nand
aakashnand@gmail.com