Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carole Mah <Ca...@brown.edu> on 2003/03/26 18:19:20 UTC

handling of Unicode still broken in 4.1.24

Hello,

I've been using Tomcat 4.0.6 for some time now, because neither 4.1.12
nor 4.1.18 handled my Unicode correctly.

When 4.1.18 came out, my co-worker Paul Caton posted to this list asking
for help on this issue. I had supposed by now the issue would have been
solved, so I cheerily and with much anticipation installed 4.1.24.

However, the unicode handling is still bad in 4.1.24, so we are sticking
with 4.0.6.  We're wondering if this issue is going to be addressed in
future releases.

I am willing to send the actual URLs of the tomcat servers on which the
test documents reside to any developer who wants them, but I'd rather
not post those URLs to the public at large. I can also send any jsp
code, xsl stylesheets, Xinclude stuff, etc.

In lieu of that here, I'll just give the URLs of two comparative
screenshots to show the differences in the Unicode handling:

bad: http://dev.stg.brown.edu/screenshots/acsam-4.1.24.jpg
good: http://dev.stg.brown.edu/screenshots/acsam-4.0.6.jpg

Thank you very much for any help with this!

-carole
------------------
Carole E. Mah
   Carole_Mah@brown.edu
Senior Programmer/Analyst
   Brown University Computing & Information Services
   Academic Technology Services
   Scholarly Technology Group
phn 401-863-2669
fax 401-863-9313
http://www.stg.brown.edu/

Re: handling of Unicode still broken in 4.1.24

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Post a bug to bugzilla...

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

Or, if one already exists there, comment on that and raise the priority.

Jake