Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Johnson, Michael" <Mi...@aststockplan.com> on 2003/01/23 15:59:53 UTC

RFC TRACE

Can Trace be disabled im looking through the source and not seeing a flag to
disable this?

Thanks

-MJ

Re: RFC TRACE

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Johnson, Michael wrote:

> Can Trace be disabled im looking through the source and not seeing a flag to
> disable this?

per configuration - no.
But a trace request is mostly fulfilled, if there comes *any* answer. So
what should happen? Close the connection? Not very polite ;-)

nd
--
my @japh = (sub{q~Just~},sub{q~Another~},sub{q~Perl~},sub{q~Hacker~});
my $japh = q[sub japh { }]; print join       #########################

Re: RFC TRACE

Posted by "Edward S. Marshall" <es...@logic.net>.
On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:59:53AM -0500, Johnson, Michael wrote:
> Can Trace be disabled im looking through the source and not seeing a flag to
> disable this?

Let the over-reacting begin. :-P

(In case someone missed it, the "whitepaper" for what he's reacting to is
available at http://www.whitehatsec.com/news.html ... which amounts to
little more than a publicity stunt on the part of WhiteHat Security.)

To answer the question, I'm sure <Limit TRACE> in the configuration file
will probably do the right thing in this case, but that's untested on my
part.

--
Edward S. Marshall <es...@logic.net>
http://esm.logic.net/

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.