Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Hinzmann <ja...@geeksonly.de> on 2005/06/30 12:38:45 UTC

Re: Simple newbie question -> is there a reason I can 't POST information from a flowscript to and eXist XQuery

On Thursday 30 June 2005 09:59, Mike Rowse wrote:
> I'm sorry if this question has an obvious answer, I'm just starting to
> find my way around Cocoon. I have been scouring the net, mailing lists
> and Cocoon docs for a while now. Perhaps the answer is so obvious that
> no one thought to mention it ;). Perhaps its impossible.. :)
>
> I'm trying to pass requests from Flowscript to a pipeline that generates
> results using xquery from the eXist xmldb.
>
> <map:pipeline>
> 	<map:match pattern="testFlowRequest">
> 		<map:call function="testRequest"/>
> 	</map:match>
> </map:pipeline>
>
> <map:pipeline>
> 	<map:match pattern="flowScriptXQuery">
> 		<map:generate type="xquery" src="xquery/testReq.xql"/>
> 		<map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
> 	</map:match>
> </map:pipeline>

> flowscript -> pretty simple eh? :)
>
> function testRequest(){
> 	var testObj = { "test" : "this worked" };
> 	cocoon.request.setAttribute("testing", "blah");
//http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/api.html#sendPage-N100FF
//shouldn't this be something like this?:
cocoon.sendPage("flowScriptXQuery", testObj);

> 	cocoon.sendPage("testRequest" : testObj);
> }

> xquery using eXist (I think that the request: names space is actually
> standard w3c )

> 	{
> 		(: the second param to this function is what is returned if the
> parameter 'testing' isn't there :)
> 		request:request-parameter("testing", "Can't Find Param")
> 		(: request:parameter-names() -> i was using this to list all the
> requests :)
> 	}

> anyway the point is that if I use a simple form <form
> action="flowScriptXQuery" method="POST"> with a textfield. The parameter
> gets picked up by the xquery and I will see what I type into the field.
> If on the other hand I try to use flowscript nothing happens (i've tried
> quite a number of variations).
>
> I know that I can pass params using GET (in the url)  from flowscript
> and it wouldn't be the end of the world (IMHO a bit messy for this
> particular project) however, I've spend so long trying to figure out why
> this isn't working that it would be nice to know and understand what is
> happening to the flowscript cocoon.request s.
>
> I'm using Cocoon 2.1 and eXist v1.0 beta 1
>
> Thanks in advance for any illumination on this topic that can be given
> (as I'm quite in the dark).
> Mike

Gruß, Jan

Re: Simple newbie question -> is there a reason I can 't POST information from a flowscript to and eXist XQuery

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
>>function testRequest(){
>>	var testObj = { "test" : "this worked" };
>>	cocoon.request.setAttribute("testing", "blah");
>
> //http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/api.html#sendPage-N100FF
> //shouldn't this be something like this?:
> cocoon.sendPage("flowScriptXQuery", testObj);

Grin..

>>	cocoon.sendPage("testRequest" : testObj);
>>}

>>anyway the point is that if I use a simple form <form
>>action="flowScriptXQuery" method="POST"> with a textfield. The parameter

And shouldn't the action be "testFlowRequest"?

>>gets picked up by the xquery and I will see what I type into the field.
>>If on the other hand I try to use flowscript nothing happens (i've tried
>>quite a number of variations).

:-)

Cheers,
Geert