Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Amish Desai <am...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/02 20:10:22 UTC

.htaccess and User Authentication - Need Help

Hello,

I have a problem where in I want to use .htaccess and a custom Login form
for User authentication. The requirement is

User X wants to access a URL http://xyz.com/showme, then he needs to get
authenticated first using a Custom Login form which displays 3 fields.
Taking this user input, we need to validate the credentials against sybase
DB and then return him back to the page he asking. When he is requesting the
resource folder needs to be protected by .htaccess file.

Please advice me on the possible workaounrd/solution to be implemented using
Apache/1.3.29 and mod_perl mod_perl/1.29_01.

Thanks much,
Amish

Re: [mp2] .htaccess and User Authentication - Need Help

Posted by Amish Desai <am...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Roger,

Going on the same lines, using Apache::AuthDBI and Apache::AuthCookieDBI

When I am trying to access the URL it gives me following error

[error] PerlRun: `couldn't open ../htdocs/html/login.html: (Any pointers
why?)

My .htaccess file is
 PerlModule Apache::AuthCookieDBI
 PerlSetVar WhatEverPath /
 PerlSetVar WhatEverLoginScript /cgi-perl/login_auth.pl

My conf file is as follows
<Location /cgi-bin/>

 	AuthType Apache::AuthCookieDBI
        AuthName WhatEver
        PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthCookieDBI->authenticate
        #PerlAuthzHandler Apache::AuthCookieDBI->authorize
        Require valid-user

       #or you can require users:
       #require user jacob
       #You can optionally require groups.
       #require group system

	PerlSendHeader On
   #Options +FollowSymLinks
</Location>

# Login location.
<Files LOGIN>
      AuthType Apache::AuthCookieDBI
      AuthName WhatEver
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::AuthCookieDBI->login
</Files>

Thanks,
Amish

Re: .htaccess and User Authentication - Need Help

Posted by Roger McCalman <ro...@runcircle.co.uk>.