Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Paul Flickinger <pf...@att.net> on 2022/08/26 04:12:06 UTC

Subject: Open Office

This E-Mail may be going to the wrong people, but I can't find a tech support address.  I have tried down loading Open Office three times with the same result.  The initial download works fine, but after I transfer it to the Applications folder and try to open it, I get the following message: "Open Office cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."  I am using a Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) with MAC Catalina, version 10.15.7.  I would appreciate any help you can give me or directions to someone who can. Thank you, Paul Flickinger

Re: Subject: Open Office

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 26.08.22 um 07:36 schrieb David Robley:

Hi Paul,

> There is no "tech support" address; there is a user's mailing list (see
> third paragraph below)and there is a forum at
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php

for your problem this is best channel to get help.

> Please see the Mac section of Instructions for Downloading and
> Installing Apache OpenOffice 4.0, 4.1 Versions -
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#apple

The following is maybe also helpful for you:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.13+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.13ReleaseNotes-FormacOSusers

- Apache OpenOffice will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in
   macOS. This is a feature to help guard against malware on Mac
   systems. The Apache OpenOffice disk images are signed by Apache
   as required by Apple, but Gatekeeper may still be triggered. If
   that happens, please follow the below steps.

   - For macOS up to 10.11 “El Capitan”: There is a procedure laid
     out at the following link to allow applications not installed
     from the Mac App Store to run. See the Mac support article.

   - For macOS 10.12 “Sierra” and up: In Finder, Control-click or
     right-click the icon of the app. Select Open from the top of
     the contextual menu that appears. Click Open in the dialog box.
     If prompted, enter an administrator name and password. This is
     needed just the first time you launch Apache OpenOffice.

I hope this helps.

Marcus

Re: Subject: Open Office

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
There is no "tech support" address; there is a user's mailing list (see
third paragraph below)and there is a forum at
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php

Please see the Mac section of Instructions for Downloading and
Installing Apache OpenOffice 4.0, 4.1 Versions -
https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#apple

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally - replies to my personal
email address will be ignored.

On 26/8/22 13:42, Paul Flickinger wrote:
> This E-Mail may be going to the wrong people, but I can't find a tech support address.  I have tried down loading Open Office three times with the same result.  The initial download works fine, but after I transfer it to the Applications folder and try to open it, I get the following message: "Open Office cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."  I am using a Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) with MAC Catalina, version 10.15.7.  I would appreciate any help you can give me or directions to someone who can. Thank you, Paul Flickinger

Cheers
--
David Robley

Artist seeks Boss with vision impairment.