Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "gaurav.kumar28@wipro.com" <ga...@wipro.com> on 2018/08/06 13:47:33 UTC

End of Support for Tomcat versions

Hi Team ,

Could you please let us know End of Support/Life for the below mentioned Tomcat Version:

Tomcat 7.0
Tomcat 8.5
Tomcat 9.0

We want to use it with RHEL 7.4 OS . Please let me know if you need any further info to answer the query.

BR//
Gaurav

Re: End of Support for Tomcat versions

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 8/6/2018 7:47 AM, gaurav.kumar28@wipro.com wrote:
> Could you please let us know End of Support/Life for the below mentioned Tomcat Version:
>
> Tomcat 7.0
> Tomcat 8.5
> Tomcat 9.0
>
> We want to use it with RHEL 7.4 OS . Please let me know if you need any further info to answer the query.

Looks like all three of those are still supported.

http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html

I found additional detail.  Probably more than you wanted:

8.0 has reached end of support and is less than two months from complete
end of life:

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-80-eol.html

The Tomcat 8 download page says that end of life has not yet been
announced for 8.5, so 8.5 and 9.0 are still good.

https://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi

The Tomcat 7 and Tomcat 9 download pages don't mention anything about
end of life:

https://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
https://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: End of Support for Tomcat versions

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 06/08/2018 14:47, gaurav.kumar28@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi Team ,
>
> Could you please let us know End of Support/Life for the below mentioned Tomcat Version:
>
> Tomcat 7.0
> Tomcat 8.5
> Tomcat 9.0

Best guess hasn't really changed since this:

https://markmail.org/message/5klk3rtf4mb2aacv

Very roughly, based on historic data, major releases are supported for
around 10 years from first release. The intention is to continue that
going forwards but what actually ends up happening will depend on
circumstances at the time.

Mark

Re: End of Support for Tomcat versions

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.