Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Szymon Janc <ja...@apache.org> on 2018/06/22 14:14:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.4.1-rc1

Hello all,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
Apache Mynewt 1.4.1.

Apache Mynewt is a community-driven, permissively licensed open source
initiative for constrained, embedded applications. Mynewt provides a
real-time operating system, flash file system, network stacks, and
support utilities for real-world embedded systems.

This is a bugfix only release fixing BLE connection creation in central role
on Nordic nRF51, flashing issues on Nordic nRF52840 and building errors on
Windows for newt and newtmgr tools.

For full release notes, please visit the Apache Mynewt Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Release+Notes

This release candidate was tested as follows:
  1. Manual execution of the Mynewt test plan:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Apache+Mynewt+Test
+Plan
     The test results can be found at:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/1.4.1+Test+Results

     Note that only features affected by bugfixes were tested for this
release. If you feel more testing is needed please provide your results here.

  2. The full unit test suite for this release was executed via "newt
     test all" with no failures.  This testing was performed on the
     following platforms:
       * OS X 10.13
       * Ubuntu Linux 18.04

The release candidate to be voted on is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.4.1/rc1/

The commits under consideration are as follows:
blinky:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-blinky
  commit bb43247a7e28a1f5e5d869f10833338cb4ae53a1
core:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core
  commit f0ce13e45c51825c35963fb13f2562d5911ef1ed
newt:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newt
  commit ac0db20a10ea042e253012c30b6261d722e11093
newtmgr:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newtmgr
  commit 4d5d517d2a99c2f2c4b322e872714ea702c1a88f

In addition, the following newt convenience binaries are available:
  linux: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.4.1/
rc1/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-linux-1.4.1.tgz
  osx: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.4.1/rc1/
apache-mynewt-newt-bin-osx-1.4.1.tgz

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
votes.

A separate [DISCUSS] thread will be opened to talk about this release
candidate.

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon Janc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.4.1-rc1

Posted by Łukasz Rymanowski <lu...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018, 16:14 Szymon Janc <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>   linux:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.4.1/
> rc1/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-linux-1.4.1.tgz
> <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.4.1/rc1/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-linux-1.4.1.tgz>
>   osx:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.4.1/rc1/
> apache-mynewt-newt-bin-osx-1.4.1.tgz
> <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.4.1/rc1/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-osx-1.4.1.tgz>
>
> The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/KEYS
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
> least three +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ X] +1 Release this package
> [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

+1 (binding)

Best
Łukasz

Posted by Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

Best,
Andrzej

Posted by Vipul Rahane <vi...@runtime.io>.
+1 binding

> [x] +1 Release this package
> [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object
> [ ] -1 Do not release this package because…

Regards,
Vipul Rahane

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
+1 binding

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Fabio Utzig <ut...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 04:14:37PM +0200, Szymon Janc wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
> Apache Mynewt 1.4.1.

[...]

> The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
> least three +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [x] +1 Release this package
> [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

+1 (binding)

Chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.4.1-rc1

Posted by Sasa Petrovic <sp...@orbismesh.com>.
+1 (binding)

Best,
Sasa