Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Huu Phuoc <ph...@ssp.com.vn> on 2003/02/15 03:22:48 UTC

How to turn on logging for JDBC driver

I am using James with Jaybird. It seems to be good. When I used the Remote
manager , then used listusers,it returned the right result. Then, I used
adduser, it return " The connection host lost". I checked logs/stderr.log .
I found that:
 java.sql.SQLException: invalid column index
 at
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBPreparedStatement.getField(FBPreparedStatement.java:2
36)
 at
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBPreparedStatement.setString(FBPreparedStatement.java:
210)
 at
org.apache.james.userrepository.AbstractJdbcUsersRepository.getUserByName(Ab
stractJdbcUsersRepository.java:486)
 at
org.apache.james.userrepository.AbstractUsersRepository.contains(AbstractUse
rsRepository.java:235)
 at
org.apache.james.remotemanager.RemoteManagerHandler.doADDUSER(RemoteManagerH
andler.java:447)
 at
org.apache.james.remotemanager.RemoteManagerHandler.parseCommand(RemoteManag
erHandler.java:390)
 at
org.apache.james.remotemanager.RemoteManagerHandler.handleConnection(RemoteM
anagerHandler.java:291)
 at
org.apache.james.util.connection.ServerConnection$ClientConnectionRunner.run
(ServerConnection.java:404)
 at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Executabl
eRunnable.java:47)
 at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:8
0)
I try to overcome .Finally, I gave up and find your help. I want to write
Jaybird's log to file by using log4j. Please show me how to do! Thank you
very much.

RE: How to turn on logging for JDBC driver

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I am using James with Jaybird. It seems to be good.
> I want to write Jaybird's log to file by using log4j.
> Please show me how to do!

The Jaybird JDBC driver is part of the Firebird SQL server.  Your can find
that project on SourceForge: http://firebird.sourceforge.net/.  If you want
their JDBC driver to log with log4j, you'll have to download and change
their code, or ask them.

> java.sql.SQLException: invalid column index

You might want to make sure that the default SQL strings in sqlResources.xml
are suitable for Firebird.  If not, please feel free to submit updates.

	--- Noel