Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/15 13:13:22 UTC

Process versioning in SMX/JBI

Hi guys,

I'm wondering how process versioning works in the JBI deployment. Do we
support deploying a new version of the same process model (i.e. same
QName) that retires the old one (i.e. running instances are completed
using the old one and new process instances are instantiated using the
new one)? How can I deploy the changed model? Should it be another
service unit? Or the same service unit (afaik SMX has some versioning
for SUs too).

Thanks,
   Tammo

Re: Process versioning in SMX/JBI

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 4:13 AM, Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm wondering how process versioning works in the JBI deployment. Do we
> support deploying a new version of the same process model (i.e. same QName)
> that retires the old one (i.e. running instances are completed using the old
> one and new process instances are instantiated using the new one)? How can I
> deploy the changed model? Should it be another service unit? Or the same
> service unit (afaik SMX has some versioning for SUs too).

They should be deployed in different service assemblies in order to have
independent deployment lifecycles.
(If that doesn't work, we're looking at either a bug or a design issue)

alex