Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Ju...@t-systems.com on 2003/12/02 08:34:49 UTC

nodeset from string

Hello,

is there a possibility to create a node-set from a string parameter?

Thanks,
Juraj

Re: nodeset from string

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.

>is there a possibility to create a node-set from a string parameter?

To do that you need to build a node. I haven't worked it out in detail, but
it seems to me that you could write a template which accepts a string as a
parameter and returns a result tree fragment containing a single text node,
and invoke that with xsl:call-template...

The only alternative I can think of offhand would be an extension function.

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk