Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Kit Plummer <do...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/10 07:33:57 UTC

Problem loading file from Directory on MacOS X...

Hey folks.
Ran into a problem on MacOS X...that doesn't exist in Linux (CentOS, or Ubuntu).

No signature of method: static
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.open() is applicable for argument
types: (java.io.File) values: [/home/kplummer/Development/tmp]

I'm actually running this through Groovy, but don't imagine this is
the problem.  Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Here's the code:

def fsDir = FSDirectory.open(new File(indexDir))

TIA,
Kit

Re: Problem loading file from Directory on MacOS X...

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I suspect that you have different jars on the mac than on your other
machines, possibly accessed through something you don't expect being in your
classpath. At least that's the first place I'd look....

HTH
Erick