Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Timothy Farkas <ti...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/12/01 06:33:41 UTC

Restarting An App From Checkpointed State

Hello all,

I am wondering how an app is restarted from the checkpointed state of a
previous application. What checkpoint is each operator restored to, and
where in the code can I look at this to get more familiar?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Restarting An App From Checkpointed State

Posted by Sandeep Deshmukh <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
An app is restarted by specifying "-originalAppId <application id>"
parameter in  dtcli.

For code, follow the path from STRAM option for originalAppId.

When restart with originalAppId is specified, the entire application
directory of orignal APP is copied into new application directory and then
new app starts which actually is restoring the state from last checkpointed
state of the original APP.

Regards
Sandeep

Regards,