Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ro...@VerizonWireless.com on 2004/02/26 23:41:24 UTC

repeatable header (implemented with table) at top of every page?

hi all, i have spent 2 hours looking for an example.
I am sure one exists so i apologize in advance for asking this lame
question.
I hate bothering people but am at my wits end.

I need some example code that will give a repeatable header at top of
every page. I have it printing out a one liner like "Billing Invoice"
on everypage reliably,
but when i changed this to be a table with a few rows (like the header
example below),
it puts
"rob walker                    account #"
on first page at top
then
"123 lane                      bill period xyz"
on the second page at the top,
then
"city, state, myzip"
on the third page at top

instead of (my table unit in one contiguous block in each page's header)

rob walker                    account #
123 lane                      bill period xyz
city, state, myzip

surly this has been done ooodle of time, i apologize for asking

I want a page(s) to look like this
===========================
rob walker                    account #
123 lane                      bill period xyz
city, state, myzip

body of bill
.
.
.
				page 1 of 5
===========================

and the second page  to

===========================
rob walker                    account #
123 lane                      bill period xyz
city, state, myzip

more contents from xml xformed
.
.
.
				page 2 of 5

RE: repeatable header (implemented with table) at top of every page?

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

So you are using tables in a static content I presume? Is the height of the
corresponding region set to a size large enough to contain all the rows?

For this effect:

<snip />
> 				page 1 of 5

check the examples that came with fop, under
FOP_HOME/examples/fo/markers/hide.fo
(and also http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-total-pages )

Hope this helps!

Cheers,