Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "lewinma(lewinma)" <le...@tencent.com> on 2019/09/18 02:38:42 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Roadmap 0.9 and future(Internet mail)

Do we have a plan of supporting Flink running on K8s?

Best Regards~
Lewinma

On Sep 17, 2019, at 9:32 PM, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Maybe in next Month (Sep)

mahmoud.khaled <ma...@incorta.com>> 于2019年9月17日周二 下午7:21写道:
Hi,

What's the planned date for 0.9 Release?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [DISCUSS] Roadmap 0.9 and future(Internet mail)

Posted by "lewinma(lewinma)" <le...@tencent.com>.
I start a zeppelin daemon on a bare metal node, and want to build a connection to the flink cluster started on K8s.
After setting job manager node ip and port. I just got the error below, could any one help me about that? Thanks a lot.
text: org.apache.flink.api.scala.DataSet[String] = org.apache.flink.api.scala.DataSet@9c8f964 counts: org.apache.flink.api.scala.AggregateDataSet[(String, Int)] = org.apache.flink.api.scala.AggregateDataSet@41d66e72 org.apache.flink.client.program.ProgramInvocationException: The program execution failed: Communication with JobManager failed: Lost connection to the JobManager. at org.apache.flink.client.program.ClusterClient.run(ClusterClient.java:409) at org.apache.flink.client.program.StandaloneClusterClient.submitJob(StandaloneClusterClient.java:95) at org.apache.flink.client.program.ClusterClient.run(ClusterClient.java:382) at org.apache.flink.client.program.ClusterClient.run(ClusterClient.java:369) at org.apache.flink.client.program.ClusterClient.run(ClusterClient.java:344) at org.apache.flink.client.RemoteExecutor.executePlanWithJars(RemoteExecutor.java:211) at org.apache.flink.client.RemoteExecutor.executePlan(RemoteExecutor.java:188) at org.apache.flink.api.java.RemoteEnvironment.execute(RemoteEnvironment.java:172) at org.apache.flink.api.java.ExecutionEnvironment.execute(ExecutionEnvironment.java:896) at org.apache.flink.api.scala.ExecutionEnvironment.execute(ExecutionEnvironment.scala:637) at org.apache.flink.api.scala.DataSet.collect(DataSet.scala:547) ... 36 elided Caused by: org.apache.flink.runtime.client.JobExecutionException: Communication with JobManager failed: Lost connection to the JobManager. at org.apache.flink.runtime.client.JobClient.submitJobAndWait(JobClient.java:137) at org.apache.flink.client.program.ClusterClient.run(ClusterClient.java:405) ... 46 more Caused by: org.apache.flink.runtime.client.JobClientActorConnectionTimeoutException: Lost connection to the JobManager. at org.apache.flink.runtime.client.JobClientActor.handleMessage(JobClientActor.java:252) at org.apache.flink.runtime.akka.FlinkUntypedActor.handleLeaderSessionID(FlinkUntypedActor.java:90) at org.apache.flink.runtime.akka.FlinkUntypedActor.onReceive(FlinkUntypedActor.java:70) at akka.actor.UntypedActor$$anonfun$receive$1.applyOrElse(UntypedActor.scala:167) at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465) at akka.actor.UntypedActor.aroundReceive(UntypedActor.scala:97) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:254) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:221) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.exec(Mailbox.scala:231) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.pollAndExecAll(ForkJoinPool.java:1253) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1346) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)

On Sep 18, 2019, at 11:39 AM, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I think it is already supported. The flink interpreter will still run out of k8s, but the flink cluster runs in k8s, then as long as configure flink interpreter properly, you can connect the flink cluster in k8s

lewinma(lewinma) <le...@tencent.com>> 于2019年9月18日周三 上午10:38写道:

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [DISCUSS] Roadmap 0.9 and future(Internet mail)

Posted by "lewinma(lewinma)" <le...@tencent.com>.
I updated the version of Zeppelin in my environment and post a JIRA tickect as below:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-4332#
Any help would be very grateful. Thank you.

On Sep 20, 2019, at 10:49 AM, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>> wrote:

yes, that's right, please attach the logs if this doesn't work for you.

lewinma(lewinma) <le...@tencent.com>> 于2019年9月18日周三 上午11:44写道:
Sounds great, are there any doc about that?
If only config the Flink job manager’s ip and port is enough.
Thanks a lot.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [DISCUSS] Roadmap 0.9 and future(Internet mail)

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang