Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Eranda Sooriyabandara <07...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/31 15:32:59 UTC

Apache Derby(GSoC)

I made a try on DERBY-3892 and i have face a problem with compiling yor
given java class (class not found exception:
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver) though i start the embadde driver. To
further going i like you t help me out. thanks. Eranda

Re: Apache Derby(GSoC)

Posted by Suran Jayathilaka <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eranda,

I think the problem you have is with running the Main_Updated class, not
compiling.

What you will need to do is set the CLASSPATH with the derby jars by
invoking the setEmbeddedCP.bat or setEmbeddedCP (in Linux) script in the bin
folder of the Derby distribution. Before that you'll have to set the
environment variable DERBY_INSTALL or DERBY_HOME to point to your extracted
Derby distro as well. Then you can run the Main_Updated class.
You don't need to start ij for this specific test.

HTH.
Suran