Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Dan Filimon <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/01 08:26:24 UTC

Re: Error while compiling Ted dunning algo - knn-master

I'm very sorry for all the confusion!
You can't find it because nobody built it. You need to clone it from
here: http://mrunit.apache.org/development/source_and_guide.html
and then run 'mvn install' to install the package on your system
(also, to skip running the tests you need to use '-DskipTests').

Posted by Matt Molek <mp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vivek,

Not sure if you're still trying to resolve this, but I got it working.

git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/mrunit.git

failed for me as well with error 405, "fatal: The remote end hung up
unexpectedly"

Just on a whim, I tried https://... instead and that worked.

Posted by vivek bairathi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Dan Filimon <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> You might have mistyped something.
> Copy paste 'git clone
> http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/mrunit.git'. I just did and it
> worked for me.
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM, vivek bairathi <ba...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Dan,
> >
> > Sorry to reply but i am not able to download mrunit code. Its showing
> HTTP
> > 405 error. If possible can you please provide the jar
> > - mrunit-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> >

> > On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Dan Filimon <
> dangeorge.filimon@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> I'm very sorry for all the confusion!
> >> You can't find it because nobody built it. You need to clone it from
> >> here: http://mrunit.apache.org/development/source_and_guide.html
> >> and then run 'mvn install' to install the package on your system
> >> (also, to skip running the tests you need to use '-DskipTests').

> able

> the

> >> org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.8-SNAPSHOT:
> org.apache.mrunit:mrunit:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> >> at

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Vivek Bairathi

Vivek Bairathi

Re: Error while compiling Ted dunning algo - knn-master

Posted by Dan Filimon <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vivek bairathi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Sorry to reply but i am not able to download mrunit code. Its showing HTTP
405 error. If possible can you please provide the jar
- mrunit-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Dan Filimon <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm very sorry for all the confusion!
> You can't find it because nobody built it. You need to clone it from
> here: http://mrunit.apache.org/development/source_and_guide.html
> and then run 'mvn install' to install the package on your system
> (also, to skip running the tests you need to use '-DskipTests').
>

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:31 PM, vivek bairathi
> <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Dan,
> >
> > Can you please provide the "mrunit-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" as I am not able
> > find it anywhere. If not then please tell me a way to get it.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Dan Filimon
> > <da...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, we need the snapshot because of the streaming k-means mapper and
> >> reducer tests.
> >>
> >> Specifically, we need to add more than one input to the mappers (we
> >> need the entire set of points). Only the mrunit SNAPSHOT has this
> >> feature.

> org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.8-SNAPSHOT:
> at
> >> [Help 1]
> >> >>

> > --
> > Regards,