Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Nayeem Syed <na...@cronycle.com> on 2014/07/14 17:56:04 UTC

problem getting mesosphere mesos example running

not sure this message got through or not:

I am not sure this is the best place to ask for but I tried checking the
IRC channel which seemed quite empty and didnt find anywhere else to ask
general user questions/problems. But would appreciate some pointers and
directions on how I can get it up. I also posted on the Jira ticket
regarding this.

I tried following the instructions set on here:
http://mesosphere.io/learn/run-docker-on-mesosphere/

Instead of using a local machine (I am on osx), I setup a ubuntu 14
m3.large instance on my AWS acount then followed the instructions.
I connected an elastic IP and a subdomain to the instance and opened all
the ports on the firewall.
However I am not getting any docker containers running.
Here are my mesos and marathon urls:
Marathon: mesos.cronycle.net:8080
Mesos: mesos.cronycle.net:5050

I just want to get a Rails application up on a docker container and be able
to scale it automatically based on resource consumptions and also be able
to use the procfile for it similar to Heroku.

Is Mesos a good tool for this? I am currently looking at using Deis+CoreOS,
but their statistics and monitoring tools seem to be non-existant, there's
no automated way of monitoring processes like there is with marathon for
instance.

So would have liked to make it work ideally if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Re: problem getting mesosphere mesos example running

Posted by Nayeem Syed <na...@cronycle.com>.
FYI, i just scaled up the instance and getting a lot of 'FAILED' tasks, but
when I click on the link it doesnt take me anywhere..

Posted by Nayeem Syed <na...@cronycle.com>.
Hi Niklas!

Posted by Niklas Nielsen <ni...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Nayeem,