Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Sean Mullan <Se...@Sun.COM> on 2007/05/24 16:17:13 UTC

New W3C activity on XML Security

Hello all,

I wanted everyone to know that there is a new W3C working group: the XML
Security Specifications Maintenance Working group [1]. This group's
mission is to "perform limited maintenance work on the basic XML
Security specifications, and suggest a charter for further work." [2]

I am currently representing Sun. I plan to enhance the Apache Java
XMLSec and JSR 105 implementations to support C14N 1.1 and the updates
made to the XML Signature specification. If anyone (preferably a
committer) wants to join the WG and represent Apache, let me know and
I'll get you in touch with the working group chair. In particular, I
think it would be useful for someone actively working on the C++
implementation.

There will also be a workshop later in the year and an invitation will
be sent out soon. I'll make sure it gets to this list.

Thanks,
Sean

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Security/xmlsig-charter