Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net> on 2005/07/05 11:20:16 UTC

Triggering an action on form display

Hi.

Could a anyone give me a quick hint?

I need a certain action to be triggered every time the form is displayed.

For instance, I have implemented some kind of validation for my business
objects and depending on the validation results, I'll display different
messages. (This validation has nothing to do with JSF validation of
forms, this is something completely different.)
Doing this "on button click" is extremely easy - simply
action="#{myContainer.validate}" and that's it.

Now I'd like to implement "instant validation", that is, that my
validate() method is triggered automatically after model values are
updated. Probably somewhere before form rendering phase. My question is,
how can I receive a notification of the appropriate event in my bean?

Thank you for you time.

Bye.
/lexi