Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/05/12 00:57:41 UTC

Symphony documentation was contributed (and I didn't even know it)

As some of you know, I've been poking around to see if we could make
use of the documentation/help for IBM Lotus Symphony.  I was
investigating what would be required to get this contributed to
Apache.

But (doh!) I recently found out that this was already part of the
grant IBM made when they contributed Symphony last summer.  And the
contribution included translations into 28 languages!

You can see it here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/symphony/trunk/help/

Under each language dir there is a doc.zip file containing the help,
in HTML format.

For example:

Here for English:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/symphony/trunk/help/com.ibm.symphony.help.en/

Here for French:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/symphony/trunk/help/com.ibm.symphony.help.fr/nl/fr/

Of course, Symphony is not the same as AOO, and HTML is not the same
as Wikitext.  But I bet it could be a lot easier to cut and paste
chunks of the Symphony doc into the wiki than write it all from
scratch.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Symphony documentation was contributed (and I didn't even know it)

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Rob Weir wrote:
> But (doh!) I recently found out that this was already part of the
> grant IBM made when they contributed Symphony last summer.  And the
> contribution included translations into 28 languages!  ...
> Under each language dir there is a doc.zip file containing the help,
> in HTML format.  ...
> Here for French:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/symphony/trunk/help/com.ibm.symphony.help.fr/nl/fr/

Thank you, this will be also very useful for translators to introduce
the new terminology related to the sidebar. So I'm CCing the l10n list.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Symphony documentation was contributed (and I didn't even know it)

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/5/12 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>

> As some of you know, I've been poking around to see if we could make
> use of the documentation/help for IBM Lotus Symphony.  I was
> investigating what would be required to get this contributed to
> Apache.
>
> But (doh!) I recently found out that this was already part of the
> grant IBM made when they contributed Symphony last summer.  And the
> contribution included translations into 28 languages!
>
> You can see it here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/symphony/trunk/help/
>
> Under each language dir there is a doc.zip file containing the help,
> in HTML format.
>
> For example:
>
> Here for English:
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/symphony/trunk/help/com.ibm.symphony.help.en/
>
> Here for French:
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/symphony/trunk/help/com.ibm.symphony.help.fr/nl/fr/
>
> Of course, Symphony is not the same as AOO, and HTML is not the same
> as Wikitext.  But I bet it could be a lot easier to cut and paste
> chunks of the Symphony doc into the wiki than write it all from
> scratch.

Wow!! That's really interesting! It will save a lot of time!

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.