Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/17 20:50:07 UTC

ZK monitoring

Hi,

Is there a way to see the current leader and a list of followers from a
single node in the ZK quorum? It seems that ZK monitoring (JMX, 4-letter
commands) only provides info local to a node.

Thanks,

Jun

Re: ZK monitoring

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
You should also take a look at ZOOKEEPER-744 [1] and ZOOKEEPER-799 [2]

The archive from 799 contains ready to be used scripts for monitoring
ZooKeeper using Ganglia, Nagios and Cacti.

Let me know if you need more help.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-744
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-799

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to see the current leader and a list of followers from a
> single node in the ZK quorum? It seems that ZK monitoring (JMX, 4-letter
> commands) only provides info local to a node.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun

-- Andrei Savu

Re: ZK monitoring

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
It would be nice if it took a list of servers and verified that they all
thought that they were part of the same cluster.

Re: ZK monitoring

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: ZK monitoring

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
It's not possible. You need to query all the servers in order to know
who is the current leader.

It should be pretty simple to implement this by parsing the output
from the 'stat' 4-letter command.

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to see the current leader and a list of followers from a
> single node in the ZK quorum? It seems that ZK monitoring (JMX, 4-letter
> commands) only provides info local to a node.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun

-- Andrei Savu