Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Bowler <pa...@www.aventix.co.uk> on 2003/05/12 17:55:43 UTC

Email transformer?

I've not seen any reference to an email transformer. This would be a useful addition to enable emails to be sent
automatically from an XML document containing all the required info.

Has anyone created one they are willing to share?

Paul.

--
Paul Bowler
Aventix Associates Ltd

Re: Email transformer?

Posted by Paul Bowler <pa...@www.aventix.co.uk>.
Ah, so it is - I have it here in front of me all the time!

Regards,

Paul.

On 12 May 2003 18:02:47 +0200, Andreas Kuckartz wrote
> > I've not seen any reference to an email transformer. This would be a
> useful addition to enable emails to be sent
> > automatically from an XML document containing all the required info.
> >
> > Has anyone created one they are willing to share?
>
> A "mail component" is described in chapter 9 in the book "Cocoon: Building
> XML applications".
>
> Andreas

Paul Bowler
Aventix Associates Ltd

Re: Email transformer?

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.

Re: Email transformer?

Posted by Simon Mieth <si...@t-online.de>.
hi,

based on the cocoon-book i wrote a SendMailTransformer too, you can attach cocoon-pipelines or all what the Cocoon-Source can resolve. You can download it from http://213.133.100.24/download (i have a dns problem today normally it is under http://www.mieth-xml.de/download). There are some instructions too. I hope that helps.

Simon

RE: Email transformer?

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
Some time ago Stuart Roebuck wrote an EMailTransformer:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101398599601933&w=2

According to his mail he wanted to donate it but AFAIK it has not been
included to the repository. Maybe you should contact him directly.

Additinally you should also find an XSP sendmail logicsheet and a
sendmail action.

HTH

Reinhard